Thursday, December 13, 2007

Listen...and Know

Chances are you are a member of RTN 311-364.3 from fall 2007, a parent or friend of a student or a faculty member. Whoever you are, welcome to a semester's worth of work, progress and angst. This is our on-line supplement to the radio newscasts hardly anyone hears, even though they often have the best content in the Syracuse market.

Listen and Know.mp...




NCC News Staff: (l-r) Matt Cohen, Amy Johnson, Noel Aliseo, Jameson Fleming, Lara Bryn Greenberg, Faith Holland, A.J. Donatoni, Andrew Africk, Ranbir Boyal, John Nicholson (News Director), Tyler Condit, Gino Wang, Jordan Upmalis, Jon Erwin, Annie Kozakiewicz, Mura Gichane, Richard Zussman (World's Greatest TA & Engineer), Katie Alexander (Captain)

They should have the best content. We have the largest reporting staff (eight) as well as four producers and four anchors all working at once and they're aiming for four late afternoon newscasts. You can hear some of the newscasts and newswraps by playing the widgets that go with the blogs/stories below.

The fact is that I asked these women and men to take a chance with me and go get the news in our area - to "kick *** and take names. They did and they did it without complaining. I am as proud of this news team as I have been of any team I've been associated with in 39 years in broadcasting. The product is not perfect. But it IS the result of intelligence, hard work and collaboration. If the future of broadcast news is in the hands of these folks, I'm not worried.

I'm leaving a song for them and for whoever reads this site. It's from a Christmas album by John Denver and the Muppets.



It says a lot about what I believe in general and what I believe especially about these folks. And yes, Richard, you are the man.

Get this widget Track details eSnips Social DNA

6 comments:

Gino Wang said...

I love the fact that there's a link to "angst".
This class made this semester the most stressful one yet also the best one ever, EVER. We all got closer and stronger. Thank you all again.

Annie said...

There wasn't that much angst...
okay that was a fact error.

But, seriously. We all worked so hard, but we wouldn't have gotten anywhere if you, Professor Nicholson, had been easy on us. w00t (check it, it's now officially in the dictionary)

Ranbir Boyal said...

Thank you for everything, it's been a great semester. Rarely will I get the chance to hang out with such talented and cool individuals on such a consistent basis again. Probably not a good thing to admit, but for like the last month of the semester, this is pretty much the only class I went to without fail, and the only class I've ever had perfect attendance in I think(Let's just forget about a couple of those late arrivals). I'm gonna miss you guys, we really should have some sort of reunion.

A.J. Donatoni said...

Thanks again for everything professor. By the way, during the Eagles game on Sunday, I flipped to ESPN and guess what was on? That's right...live from Oklahoma City, the dog show with your host John Nicholson! I got so excited that I missed the first 5 minutes of the 3rd quarter because all I wanted to to do was listen to the dog show commentary.

Lara Bryn Greenberg said...

Thanks again for a fantastic semester, Professor. I'm going to try and figure out how to fix the sound on my home computer so my parents can hear what I did all semester. But honestly, thanks for introducing us to the world of broadcast journalism.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Dieta, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://dieta-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.