Friday, November 30, 2007

When Gino anchors you know what happens

Let me start this off with an apology.
What happened four weeks ago when I anchored was a disaster. I never thought it could get any worse but it did this week, and I just want to tell my producer I feel so sorry that it was a great piece of newscast she put together, but I pretty much completely ruined it. I'm really sorry Noel, and thank you for putting up with me.
What I found interesting when I did my foner today was that there was a discrepancy between people's beliefs. While 1) analysts' pessimistic predictions for retail sales turned out inaccurate and 2) merchants say they were somewhat surprised by their sales over the past weekend, spokesperson of the Retail Council of New York State says the council has never lost faith in the Black Friday weekend, and she doesn't understand why some people thought this year was going to be any different than the previous years.
The cool thing about this foner was that at the end of our conversation the spokesperson asked me which news organization I am with, and I said NCC at Syracuse University. She said guessed what, and I was like NO WAY! And she said yep she is also from Newhouse. So in the end, despite the fact that she didn't call me back until absolutely the last minute (3:30pm), I enjoyed our conversation not only because she was super friendly on the phone, but also because she is a Newhouse graduate also.

No comments: